Actor/ Performer Decision

When I first mentioned the task of doing a music video, my brother immediately volunteered himself to be in it. Since he has been in music videos before (People's from previous years) and since I had used him in my Thriller video from last year, I decided that it would be easy to work with him as he has had experience doing this sort of thing and I knew his strengths and weaknesses when it comes to acting.
My brother is a musician, making him an easy choice to be in the band. I've decided to use him as the main male actor because it is much easier to work with somebody you know well rather than a stranger. I also decided to use my brother as I knew which band I wanted to do, and the band is fronted by a male, meaning I could use my brother for either role (Singer/ actor) or for both.

For the other members, I decided to use some of my brothers friends as they are also all musicians and have there own instruments. Also since they all live in the same house, it would make getting them together and filming the video, much easier. The look of the band is easy to manipulate as all they will have to do is wear casual clothing that is fairly 'hipstery'. This means that the look of the people themselves is not important as they don't need to suit a particular genre.

I decided I wanted to use a female in the performance too as I knew it would add a bit more realism/ depth to the video. I wanted to make her as a 'memory' walking around the house but not quite there. I will be able to make this effect in editing.
Once again, the female I will be using is one of my brothers friends. This works well as they are of a similar age, making the 'relationship' more believable. Also it means that I won't have to get somebody to come up with me to my brothers house in Leeds, as she will already be near there.