What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Initially, when I was planning my music video, I created a questionnaire to help with my initial ideas. This helped me to shape my music video ideas and define my target audience, before I really got started. This helped a lot as I managed to edit my narrative to make it better fitting for the song, due to suggestions on my questionnaire. Defining my target audience helped a lot as I was able to narrow down some ideas to ones that would be more appropriate for my viewers, meaning they'd be more likely to want to watch it.
I found out that in general, most people preferred a mix of both performance and narrative in videos and Illustration and Amplification of the lyrics were most popular. I took this into account and decided that I would do all of these things, therefore I have a band performing for part of the song, and my video shows elements of both illustration of the lyrics and amplification of the feel/ emotions the lyrics give. I think this helped to create a nice balance to my video.

I learnt from this research that the band I had chosen to use was not well known at all and did not fit in with the genre that most people listened to. However, many people did say that they liked the song I chose and thought the narrative was interesting. There were a few pointers on how I could make my narrative better and I took these into account when I created my final storyboard/ filmed my Music Video.


Music Video and Ancillary feedback-



 From my feedback, I learnt that my video was mostly well liked by my viewers. They liked the variety of shots I had, the mise-en-scene  in the video, the placement of the different band shots I got and the synchronisation of them to the music, the lighting and background were commented on as looking good and fitting in well. The jump-cut style of editing was also commented on, as being good, however there was mixed feedback about some of the band shots as some felt they needed more cuts during some of the longer band shots, whereas others thought they were all right and looked good.
Overall, this feedback helped me to get a good sense of what people liked and didn't like about my Music Video and it allowed me to go back and make some minor tweaks, such as filling up some of the longer band shots by spreading out other existing clips. After doing that, my audience felt that it 'flowed better' and 'was more entertaining to watch all the way through'. It also helped add some 'repeatability factor' as there weren't as many boring, extended shots.

In terms of my ancillaries, there weren't many criticisms made. The main ones were about little things, such as the size of the logos on my Mag Ad and making the logos stand out more, all of which I was able to change easily. The following comments were that the small changes made it look a lot more professional and neater.
My audience felt that my ancillaries had a nice continuous style and the fonts and photos both worked well with the genre of the band and the look I was trying to create. They felt the backgound (The brick wall) Was good as it was unique, to help the band and album stand out, it helped tie the two ancils together and it created an interesting background, without taking away from the rest of the Digipak/ Advert. They also felt that the photos really made them look like a proper band.