How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

  • Photoshop
I used photoshop to create both of my ancillary tasks. I already had a lot of experience with photoshop, but to create the effects that I wanted, I still had to learn a lot of new skills to use in conjunction with my previous ones. I used photoshop, not only to create a look I wanted for my ancillaries, but also
  • Sony Vegas
I chose to use Sony Vegas to edit with, rather than Adobe Premier Pro as I already had a lot more experience with Vegas and felt it was better suited to my editing process as the programme is much less complicated to use, whilst still being able to create the same effects as Prem Pro.
  • Blogger
We used Blogger to present our work. Although formatting the pages to look how we want is extremely difficult, it is fairly easy to upload new things onto it.
  • Nikon D3100
I used the camera because it is one I own myself and I have a lot of experience with it. It also meant I could get up and shoot something whenever I had an idea, versus having to borrow one off school. The camera shoots high quality videos, which meant the music video itself would look a lot more professionally done. I also was able to play about with the zoom/ focus/ exposure etc. so I could get the right look for each of the shots I wanted.
  • Slideshare/ Powerpoint Online
I used Slideshare originally to upload PowerPoint presentations I had made, so they would be easier to look through. However, I later found out that when you create a PowerPoint on the online version of Microsoft Office, you can do the exact same thing as uploading them to SlideShare, but you can miss out a step, making sharing presentations much quicker and easier.
  • SoundCloud -Audience Feedback
I used SoundCloud to upload my Audience Feedback as it was an audio clip and SoundCloud enables you to upload audio clips without a video. It also gives people the ability to comment on the clip at certain points, so I can have feedback on my audience feedback.
  • Phone
I used my phone for part of the filming process. I chose to use it because it has a 41.0 mp camera and it much more portable and easy to use for certain shots. In the editing process, I realised the shots were also better quality than the ones I shot with my camera.


  • Prezi
I used Prezi to help display some of my evaluation questions. Prezi is useful as I can display both pictured and text at the same time, making it easier to be able to explain what I am talking about. It also also good as I am able to create a presentation that is more entertaining to look at than a standard powerpoint, but is just as easy to create.